Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day 2016!

I'm blessed with a bunch of good dad's in my life. My goodness. First of all: my Dad dad - the very best of examples of what a Dad should be and how to live life, full of wisdom and "dad" jokes and always generous when it comes to other peoples faults and shortcomings. If we ever didn't get along, I don't remember it.  Then there is Don, who made me feel totally part of the family, is caring and concerned for all his children and the most attentive of grandfather's, loves unconditionally and always available to help anyone and everyone in need. My brothers and brothers-in-law are excellent fathers and inspire me with their devotion to their families and the joy they show in their roles as dads. The Texas contingent, Gary, who I don't know as well but who always spoils the kids with scooters and presents and always so happy to hear about our crazy life.  Joe, kindness itself, and wisdom and humor and heart. Our mission presidents, our dad friends...dads to look up to and admire.

And then of course, there's Dave, whose fatherhood I have had the pleasure of seeing develop from day one and have adored every minute of it. Nothing, not nothing, is more attractive than the way Dave loves, cares and provides for his kids - I could want nothing more for them in a Dad. He is so good, and so fun, and we thank God for him everyday.

Thank goodness for Dads! They have such a huge impact. We love you!

Here's to the dads!



No comments:

Post a Comment