Saturday, October 17, 2015

Star Wars Day

Dave's out of town again - seems like a good time to catch up on some blogging.

We enjoy the Springville for library story time - that library has the most wonderful kid activities. All free and family-friendly. Win, win. A few weeks back, a few of the librarians staged a promo light saber fight right before story time and, well - hooked us! We had to check it out, along with about half of Utah valley, I think. I have to say: blew me away! For a library, they know how to throw a party. There were game stations and trivia and photo ops with Star Wars characters, tattoos, make-your-own light sabers, and candy at everything.


 And Jedi training! Can I please join!? It was such a blast, and so well organized. Librarians of Springville! You rock!

A geeky fan film for your viewing pleasure:


I guess we'll be going to see the new Star Wars in December.

The library is having a spooky story time on Monday night, but I don't think we'll make it to that one. These little ones don't always appreciate "spooky." Riley won't even let me sing "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly" anymore. It is a rather gross song though. Riley had a panic moment of a different sort today. We were taking Dave to the airport this morning and she asked why.

Me - "So Daddy can go visit his Texas family."
R - "Instead of us??? Daddy is getting rid of US?"
Me - "No, no, no! Daddy has brothers in TX! He is going to see his brothers!"
R - *Nervous laugh.

R - Mumble: "Thank goodness."

Except, you know...not "goodness."
I still am not sure if that last bit was meant as a prayer or a swear. She was relieved. But lately has been spending time with some neighbor kids who, turns out, swear like sailors.

We miss Daddy already of course, but I'm so glad he is going to be at Grandma Anderson's funeral and see his brothers and extended family he doesn't see often. Too bad he had to miss this moment though:

I learned how to screenshot my phone to share that with you. Your welcome!

Haha ok so I know it might seem like I make fun of my kids on the blog (or Instagram...) but kids are awesome! They keep things interesting and I don't want to forget these things that make me giggle, and I know the grandparents like to giggle too. Also, I want to remember not to say, "Enjoy every minute of it," when I'm older, because sometimes, moments are just not enjoyable. Like the moment you get a poopy finger waved in your face.

But, enjoyable moments:

Scenic drive of the Nebo Loop last weekend
Hiking with the kids today.
Bridal Veil Falls with Uncle Tim.
And Star Wars! (That post rambled, eh?)
Gucht nacht. (Why yes, I did google to find the correct spelling of that. And I like my original spelling, "Gooten nagen," better. Just sayin.)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa Joe looks like his Grandpa McClure in the R2D2 pic.

    ReplyDelete