Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hockey Skates!

That is Riley and Joe's name for ice hockey. "Are you going to play hockey skates, Dad?" Freakin' adorable. Oh, and when I play soccer, the game is called, "soccer balls." Saturdays I go play "soccer balls" at 6 am, and then Dave goes to hockey after, because play is a priority, you know. This past Saturday the temperature was above 10 degrees for the first time in a while so when I got home from soccer balls, we put the kids in snowsuits and all went to the park to see the hockey skates in action.

It was so fun to watch, in between sledding with Riley/pulling children out of crusty snow drifts. I almost wanted to play myself, but then I remembered that I suck at skating. Maybe if we are here next winter...







Dave and his winter sports! He never lets winter get the best of him! 
Of course, after 45 minutes of wading up hills to sled, in a snowfall, the babies were ready to go. Get donuts.


 Cutest little donut-eater I've ever seen. Dave did give her a hair cut and I think it's rockin', although a little nappy here from her hat. Dave says her new 'do makes her look like this girl:
He's not wrong. Rebel Wilson rocks too.

From today:
Well, I'd rather it be a picnic on a summer's day, but Riley and Co. did have a smashing tea party this afternoon. Right after Joe cleaned up the toy room using kitchen tongs. (He picked up one or two things, while I worked swiftly behind him).

I love parenting.

That is all.

*Except, this; if you want all the inspiration of an Olympic pep talk delivered by world's cutest kid! Original here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Joe in the glasses... I feel like I've just been given a sneak peek of his eccentric old age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha he is going to be such a nutty old codger :)

      Delete