Monday, August 4, 2014

Rocky Mountain National Park

For our last weekend in CO, we ordered sunshine and blue skies and drove a couple hours to visit Rocky Mountain National Park. We spent the day with friends, Aaron and Carie and their sweet baby Brinley, hiking around the most scenic mountains and lakes you could ask for - it was the perfect way to say farewell to Colorado! We took, ahem, one or two pictures.
 It seemed every time we rounded a bend, there was a new postcard shot.
Mossy
Joe found a walking stick.
The babies did shockingly well - no naps and scraped knees regardless.
We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. And the babies slept till 7:30 the next morning, which is about 2 hours longer than they have been lately - yeah!

In other news, we are biding our time in a hotel near Dave's work this week. Today is free day at all national parks, so this evening I think we will take a picnic dinner (pizza, let's be honest) to Roxborough, about half an hour away. I really am going to miss this beautiful state. Although all the moving around and temporary living situations is tiring. You know how I lost the double stroller last week? I also lost all my pants. All of them. Left them sitting in a drawer in our old apartment and discovered the next day I was pantless, went back to check if they were still in the drawers (they weren't), went dumpster diving (weren't there either), finally, got ahold of the super and she contacted the cleaning crew and some blessed person had the wisdom to keep them, so I can go pick them up this week. It's stressful, knowing you can't be trusted with your own possessions! I guess I should take my coconut oil, or get a massage or something. At least I have a nice new stroller now, which I found for cheap on Craigslist, and a new pair of pants, purchased before the old were tracked down (no, I didn't do it on purpose, Dave Munion)! And now, we are off to the park. Riley just watched a Sesame Street on getting rid of binkey's. I don't think it made an impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment