Thursday, September 12, 2013

How is your day going?

Life has been pretty hum drum lately, in a good way, but not a bloggy way. We gonna blog it anyways.

Here is our typical St. Paul day:
Up by seven with the worlds two greatest morning people (don't know how this happened, but they really are bouncing baby bundles of joy.) As seen in this crappy cell phone video:

(Dave's old phone...not bad for having been in a lake and all)

Then we eat breakfast, clean up, maybe watch some toons, and venture out to the park, a play date, or the zoo. I am in love with the zoo. Can we please live in a zoo, Dave? That'd be great, thanks.

Riley has a moment with the gorilla.
And the polar bear.
If I play my cards right, the babies get home ravenous and eat whatever I scrounge up for lunch and the pass out for a three-hour nap. It is marvelous. I shower (I get up before the babies to shower about one percent of the time), clean stuff or do laundry or dinner prep or, if I feel like a bum, I might watch netflix and pretend dinner will make itself. Today I made pumpkin pecan/chocolate chip bread to take visiting teaching. It is September and that is good enough reason for me to start with the pumpkin ridiculousness.


After naps, Riley tried to teach Joe how to jump across lava while I made them a snack.

His technique needs work.
And then we sit watching Nemo for the third time this week... it's only Thursday...eating popcorn (because it is our favorite) and drinking smoothies (because I am sneaky with the spinach).


Dave has a late class tonight so Joe is standing at the window saying "Da. Da. DA. Da." I suppose I should go distract the poor little lamb. Take a pre-dinner walk and give that dinner one last chance to make itself .

We will probably have toast and eggs - Joe's favorite.

Then, friends, its baths and scriptures and bed time. Or, in baby speak, baths and gymnastics and bedtime.

I am so grateful for hum-drum days!

No comments:

Post a Comment