Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day 5*12*2013

Lets here it for the laaaaaaadaaaays! And then take a moment to thank the mommies for loving us, caring for us, giving up stuff for us, teaching us, feeding us, forgiving us, and making time for us.

Flashback to pimply freshman year, Tazewell, 2000, Valentines Day. I had no boyfriend to walk me to my locker or send me silly flowers via the office like the cool kids.But, surprise! The office called my name to come pick up flowers. Wha??? "Secret Admirer" is on the tag but when the sweet secretary tells me, "They're from the person who loves you more than all the world," well, that gave it right away. My mom had done it again; she had made her fifth of eight children feel lovable, cherished, and important to her. I am tearing up just thinking about it.

A girl needs to feel like she matters to somebody. Making cookies because you know I like them or getting a speeding ticket trying to drive me to the mall before it closes to get new church shoes, or driving me hours to music lessons for my fourth instrument (I was a finicky student)  - these things really built me up and gave me confidence when the rest of the world has felt less than friendly.

Nowadays I am a mom myself, but you still keep mothering me. Thanks for always being there for us, calling just to say hi and catch up, making the trek to UT when babies are born, and cooking enough to last us through the apocalypse. You are still always there for me.



 Love you, Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment