Monday, August 22, 2011

"Has sent me to an earthly home..."


With parents kind and dear. That's us now! haha, well, we are parents anyways. I've been thinking of this song a lot this past week, probably because Dave gave Riley her blessing at church Saturday and it makes you think. About the future, about God giving us this child, about her being with God only a few months ago. Nice thoughts.
We were just surrounded by love the whole time. Joseph and Patti Smith from Texas flew in on Saturday for the occasion and we went to dinner after which they insisted we go out for a date while they babysat. No, they didn't want to relax after a long day of travel, they wanted to give us a break. Did I mention they are saints? Sunday morning our family and friends joined us to attend the blessing of Riley by her Daddy. We were kind of an emotional bunch apparently. It was a lovely blessing. Church was so packed that day there was literally no extra seats in Sunday school so we took it as a sign and went to eat instead at Don and Suzette Harreld's with the Smiths and our friends Pohai and Emily, and had a good ole time. Then there were a few more tears when we said good bye. I'm so glad Riley has all this love in her life. Another song comes to mind: "You are His child, His love now surrounds you." Though that's true for everyone, eh?
Was it Plato that said something like, "love makes a poet out of everyone"? I think I have sufficiently expressed my full heart and that's enough seriousness for now.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have known! It looks like it was a really special day. Love you guys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I can't believe I neglected to tell you! Miss you! xx

    ReplyDelete